Parent and Carer Survey Results
In the summer term 2016 Camp School conducted a survey with Parents and Carers using the questions and format used by Ofsted as part of the Parent View process. We had 70 families who took the time to complete the survey and overall the results were very positive.
One question parents always find difficult to answer is about how well the school deals with incidents of bullying, as many parents are never involved in such situations. All classes discussed bullying as part of Anti bullying week, reflecting on what behaviours we want to see in the playground and what is unacceptable. Our peer mediators are trained and out on the playground to support their peers in having positive play times whilst helping to resolve low level issues.
The second half of the survey asked parents to make suggestions about changes they would like to see. Many parents asked for class assemblies to be earlier so, from September, the time was moved to 9:15 am. This appears to be successful from the number of parents who have been able to attend since September.
Parents are also keen for the school to move towards more online communications so we are looking into the most effective ways we can provide this. The curriculum information sessions, and other opportunities for parents to come into school to find out about how their children are taught, also received positive feedback and we are now looking at ways that we can extend these opportunities.
- 99% agree or strongly agree that their child is happy at the school.
- 97% agree or strongly agree that their child is safe at Camp School.
- 94% agree or strongly agree that their child makes good progress at Camp School.
- 99% agree or strongly agree that their child is well looked after at Camp school.
- 97% agree or strongly agree that their child is well taught at Camp School.
- 77% agree or strongly agree that their child receives appropriate homework.
- 97% agree or strongly agree that Camp school makes sure its pupils are well behaved.
- 57% agree or strongly agree that Camp school deals effectively with bullying. 37% said they didn’t how well the school deals with bullying
- 100% agree or strongly agree that Camp School is well led and managed.
- 99% agree or strongly agree that the school responds well to concerns raised.
- 96% receive valuable information from Camp school about my child’s progress.
- 99% would recommend Camp School to another parent.